The Republican Party of Los Angeles County held its re-organization meeting a few days ago and re-elected Linda Boyd as Chairman for the next two years. Elected, along with Linda Boyd were First VP Walt Allen, Second VP Al Han, Secretary Sylvia Southerland, Assistant Secretary Ron Esquivel, Treasurer Gary Aminoff and Assistant Treasurer Armineh Chelebian. The Board represents members from all areas of the diverse geographic areas of Los Angeles County and has members from the Latino, Asian, Jewish, African-American and Armenian communities.
Despite the fact that Republicans currently represent only 27% of the voters in Los Angeles County, RPLAC is determined to increase that percentage over the next couple of years.
The achievements of the LA County Republican Party over the past year have been:
* Met and exceeded all the vote goals set by the California Republican Party and Governor’s Schwarzenegger’s campaign. At their request, we funneled all of our volunteers into their ten large VOIP centers (phone banks/headquarters) and those centers met all expectations in number of volunteers and precincts covered. RPLAC loaned our talented Executive Director Francisco Martinez to the CRP’s Victory ’06 GOTV effort, where he was responsible for overseeing all operations in Los Angeles County.
* More than doubled RPLAC’s fundraising over the last gubernatorial election year four years ago.
* Continued to grow and develop our outside professional direct mail and telemarketing efforts, and look forward to an even better year in 2007.
* Raised almost $100,000 at our annual fundraiser featuring the “Incredible Hulk” Lou Ferrigno, former “Dallas” star Morgan Brittany and then-newly elected Assembly Republican Leader George Plescia.
* Joined the Lincoln Clubs in hosting a very successful fundraising dinner in September featuring Governor Schwarzenegger and former Governor George Deukmejian. Los Angeles and Orange Counties were the only ones granted a fundraising appearance by the Governor and we are very appreciative.
* RPLAC sponsored four training sessions for candidates and Party leaders in 2006.
* RPLAC hosted Election Night Victory parties for the June and November elections, attracting hundreds of grassroots Republican volunteers.
We wish the Republican Party of Los Angeles County much continued success in achieving its goals for the next two years.